Why is an IT Strategy Important?
Is Your IT Currently Experiencing?
Little to No Downtime
Proactive planning reduces risks of failure
No surprises with monthly flat rate maintenance/support fixed fee projects
Slow System Performance
Fast System Performance
enhanced by scheduled replacement of equipment based on known lifespan of hardware
Issues not being resolved quickly
Rapid Resolution and Response
Proactive IT strategy frees up IT staff respond and resolve issues efficiently
Same Issues reoccur
Decreased Occurrence of Issues
When systems are designed and planned correctly then fewer issues occur at all, let alone reoccur
Is technology helping the organization reach its goals?
Aligns IT to Organization Mission
IT is something that supports the organization’s mission; not something that diverts both time and funds away from organization’s mission
You Need a Proactive IT Strategy
Align IT to Organization Mission
Much like you would expect from a physician, UIS can provide an accurate and detailed diagnostic report that allows you to make informed decisions about your organization’s technological growth.
Areas of focus for Hardware:
- Servers, PC’s, Laptops, and Monitors
- Switches, Routers and Firewall
- Printers, Scanners and Phones
- Serial #’s, Model #’s, Warranties (if applicable)
- Licensing compliance & list all software in use on all machines
- Identify status of patches and updates on all machines
- Improper web usage such as streaming music and other applications
- Compile aggregate CPU, Memory, and Disk Space Utilization
Areas of focus for Security evaluation:
- Anti-virus, Malware, Spyware
- Spam Filtering
- Firewalls (Hardware/Software)
- Content Filtering
- Vulnerability analysis
We at UIS make it our goal to give you the most streamlined approach to addressing your technological needs.
Used to communicate with you regarding the technological health of your business on a quarterly, semi-annual, or annual basis.
Accomplishments and milestones:
- IT projects Implemented
- IT Projects Scheduled
Status of the services provided by UIS:
- Managed Services
- Service Schedule and Current Plan Rates
Summary of Support and Maintenance Provided:
- Number of Tickets Resolved and Opened
- Response/Resolution Times
- Patches Installed, Viruses, Spam
- Server Uptime
A list of issues that represent challenges:
- Security Issues
- Performance Issues
- Aging Software/Hardware
Short term recommendations:
- Suggested Projects
- Suggested Hardware/Software Replacements
Strategic goals for long term planning:
- IT recommendations based on growth expansion of your organization based on addition of new employees and/or Departments
Aging software and hardware threaten your organization’s ability to maintain forward progress by putting you at increased risk of downtime. An important aspect of a proactive IT Strategy involves scheduled replacement of outdated hardware and software decreasing the risk of costly downtime.
We analyze all aspects of your network to identify current and potential at risk areas. As part of proactive strategy, we take steps to minimize the occurrence and impact of potential risks.
- Email security via Sender Policy Framework
- Name Servers
- Unencrypted connections
Failure points of potential downtime (by location if needed):
- Internet bandwidth
When systems fail it is important to have recovery plans in place to help your organization move forward with little impact to business continuity.
- Back-up and data retention
- Redundant servers
- Timely recovery of critical information
- 24/7/365 remote monitoring